On On January 10 2023, Stephanie McMahon revealed her departure from WWE.
Dave Meltzer has now provided further details of the reason behind her departure In the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
“The story internally as to why Stephanie McMahon really left is that, and this comes from those unhappy that she left, is that she had done a great job thrown into the co-CEO role, and with Vince back, was about to be demoted and basically she doesn’t need the money or the job and had already decided last year to take a leave anyway.
“Of course the difference between a leave and staying on the Board, and a full break and leaving the Board, indicates this was a lot stronger move.”
- Tony Khan Teases Plans For WWE Roster If He Buys The Company
- Tony Khan: AEW and WWE Really Hate Each Other, Makes For An Exciting Wrestling War
- Jessie Godderz to become host of The Veteran Tv Project
- Ryback Planning In Ring Return, Wants Match With Wardlow In AEW
- Taya Valkyrie Wants Dream Match With Mercedes Mone In Impact Wrestling
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Photo Credit: WWE