An AEW star was seen backstage at the Royal Rumble PPV on Saturday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.
A recent photo from what looks like CCTV footage, pictures Ricky Starks alongside Cody Rhodes backstage at the Rumble event. Also alongside the pair was WWE senior Manager of Talent Relations John Cone.
It’s well documented that Starks is good friends with Cody Rhodes, after the Royal Rumble winner from Saturday night introduced Starks to AEW and helped the company sign him back in June 2020. Starks faced Cody in his first AEW match, in open challenge for Cody’s TNT title at the time. The two have remained close friends with Cody even saying that Starks was a “genuine” friend in an interview in 2022.
- Tony Khan Teases Plans For WWE Roster If He Buys The Company
- Tony Khan: AEW and WWE Really Hate Each Other, Makes For An Exciting Wrestling War
- Jessie Godderz to become host of The Veteran Tv Project
- Ryback Planning In Ring Return, Wants Match With Wardlow In AEW
- Taya Valkyrie Wants Dream Match With Mercedes Mone In Impact Wrestling
The American Nightmare controversially left AEW in February 2022, making his debut for WWE at Wrestlemania 38 against Seth Rollins. Cody tore his pectoral muscle in June of last year and made his triumphant return at the Royal Rumble this past weekend, going on to win the match which guarantees him a World Championship match at Wrestlemania.
Starks made light of the photo of him at the Rumble, tweeting, “Damn they brought back GTV” with a crying laughing emoji.
Author: Alex Bakothanasis
Photo Credit: AEW