AEW owner and president Tony Khan has spoken about potential plans for the WWE roster if he were to buy the company. Speculation is still rife that Vince McMahon is facilitating a WWE sale, with Tony Khan having previously expressed interest. Reports are that Khan is still intersted in the sale process.
In an interview with Bex & Buster, Khan was asked how he’d work with a third roster, as he already owns AEW and ROH.
“If I owned another wrestling company besides the two I already own, it would be very challenging, but I think we would want to maintain separate rosters just like I’ve tried to keep AEW and Ring of Honor to where there is crossover between the companies, but both have a strong pay-per-view business and AEW has great television.”
Khan went on further about his interest in other promotions:
- Tony Khan Teases Plans For WWE Roster If He Buys The Company
- Tony Khan: AEW and WWE Really Hate Each Other, Makes For An Exciting Wrestling War
- Jessie Godderz to become host of The Veteran Tv Project
- Ryback Planning In Ring Return, Wants Match With Wardlow In AEW
- Taya Valkyrie Wants Dream Match With Mercedes Mone In Impact Wrestling
“With AEW and Ring of Honor, I’m very happy with what we’re doing.
“Certainly, if there were other opportunities that arose in terms of acquisitions then I would certainly be interested in (them).”
Stay tuned for more updates on the WWE sale process and whether Khan remains interested in pursuing.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Author: Alex Bakothanasis
Photo Credit: AEW