AEW Collision saw a setback as Willow Nightingale had to withdraw due to an injury, resulting in her match being removed from the event. Originally, Nightingale was scheduled to face ROH Women’s World Champion Athena in the semi-finals of the women’s Owen Hart Tournament. However, Tony Khan took to Twitter just before Rampage to announce the unfortunate news.
- Thea Hail Reveals New Look And Entrance On NXT 9/26
- Butch Wins NXT Global Heritage Invitational
- Tony Khan Says He Is Not Interested In Ownership Change For AEW
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- Major Update On When Roman Reigns Will Return To Smackdown
According to Khan, Willow Nightingale sustained an injury, preventing her from competing on Collision. In order to allow her sufficient time to recover, their match has been rescheduled for next week’s edition of AEW Rampage. During a backstage interview on Collision, Athena took a jab at Nightingale for losing her NJPW Strong Women’s Championship to Giulia earlier in the week, which is likely when Nightingale incurred her injury.
Assuming the match proceeds as planned, the winner will advance to Collision next week to face the victor of the Ruby Soho and Skye Blue matchup. These two contenders will square off on Dynamite in the other semi-final bout.
Photo Credit: AEW