On July 15 during IMPACT! Wrestling’s “SLAMMIVERSARY 2023” show, it was announced that NJPW’s current IWGP World Heavyweight Champion SANADA will return to IMPACT at “EMERGENCE” event on August 27 from the Rebel Entertainment Complex in Toronto.
- Thea Hail Reveals New Look And Entrance On NXT 9/26
- Butch Wins NXT Global Heritage Invitational
- Tony Khan Says He Is Not Interested In Ownership Change For AEW
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- Major Update On When Roman Reigns Will Return To Smackdown
SANADA worked with IMPACT in the past under his pervious ring names of Seiya Sanada & The Great Sanada. He worked with IMPACT (still TNA at the time) as a learning excursion as instructed by mentor Keji Mutoh (aka The Great Muta) as SANADA was part of Mutoh’s Wrestle-1 promotion at the time. He is a former X division champion in IMPACT. SANADA’s more notable IMPACT work includes his series of quality bouts with Tigre Uno and Him joining The Revolution faction led by James Storm & also Included Abyss & now fellow NJPW star Manik better known as TJP.
Author: Rohit Singh Karir