The July 28 episode of WWE Friday Night SmackDown is set to deliver two exciting matches.
Following his victory over LA Knight, Cameron Grimes, and Sheamus in a Fatal 4-Way on July 21, Rey Mysterio has earned the opportunity to face his LWO stablemate, Santos Escobar, in a singles match on July 28. The winner of this match will secure a chance to challenge Austin Theory for the WWE United States Championship.
- Sheamus Suffers Serious Shoulder Injury, Potentially Leading To An Extended Hiatus
- Update On Why Jey Uso Was Moved To Raw
- Update On International Star Heading To AEW
- WWE SuperShow Results From Fresno, CA (9/24)
- A Cody Rhodes & Omos Feud Could Be Taking Place In WWE Very Soon
Santos Escobar secured his opportunity on July 14, where he emerged victorious in a Fatal 4-Way against Grayson Waller, Butch, and AJ Styles. Speaking of AJ Styles, he suffered defeat in the same Fatal 4-Way on July 14 after being distracted by Karrion Kross’s attack on Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows on the Titantron. Seeking revenge, Karl Anderson will take on Karrion Kross in a one-on-one bout during the upcoming episode.
The full card for WWE SmackDown on July 28 is as follows:
- Winner Challenges Austin Theory for WWE United States Title: Rey Mysterio vs. Santos Escobar
- Karrion Kross (accompanied by Scarlett) vs. Karl Anderson (accompanied by Luke Gallows)
With these thrilling matchups in store, fans can expect an action-packed episode of WWE Friday Night SmackDown.
Photo Credit: WWE