Recent AEW events have sparked widespread discussions within the wrestling community, with the spotlight on a post-match promo by CM Punk following AEW Collision.
During the segment, Punk took a swipe at Hangman Adam Page, inspired by a sign that read ‘Hangman Was Right’.
Following this incident, reports surfaced about various AEW talents being removed from Collision tapings, with some cases reportedly at the behest of CM Punk himself.
- Mustafa Ali Was Set To Win The NXT North American Championship Before Being Released
- Update On Potential Surprises Happening On AEW Dynamite This Week 11/4
- AEW Collision 9/30 Draws Lowest Viewership In Show History
- Chris Jericho Believes Adam Copeland Will Showcase Career-Best Performances in AEW
- Another Top Free Agent Could Be Heading To AEW Or WWE
Addressing these developments on the Battlegrounds podcast, Tony Khan was questioned about the reports and Punk’s promo directed at Hangman after the Collision event. In response to inquiries about potential clarifications, Khan’s statement was as follows:
“No, not really. I thought it was a great show Saturday night and I don’t have any further comment to that but I am glad people are still very interested in our wrestlers and what’s happening after the wrestling shows.
“I think we’ll try to have a couple great shows this week but certainly there has been a lot of interest in what’s happening in AEW in and out of the ring.”
transcription via F4WOnline
Photo Credit: AEW