In 2015, Sting’s illustrious career seemed to conclude due to a neck injury, leading to retirement. However, he returned to the spotlight with a cinematic match at AEW Revolution 2021 and then formally re-entered the ring at AEW Double or Nothing 2021. Since then, Sting remains undefeated in AEW matches, participating multiple times each year.
During an interview on the Chase McCabe Show, AEW President Tony Khan commended Sting’s accomplishments. He discussed the endorsement of AEW’s vision by legends like Jeff Jarrett, Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, and others, highlighting Sting’s success in particular.
- Sheamus Suffers Serious Shoulder Injury, Potentially Leading To An Extended Hiatus
- Update On Why Jey Uso Was Moved To Raw
- Update On International Star Heading To AEW
- WWE SuperShow Results From Fresno, CA (9/24)
- A Cody Rhodes & Omos Feud Could Be Taking Place In WWE Very Soon
When you talk about some of the biggest names in pro wrestling, for me, it starts and ends with Sting. He’s one of the all-time legends, he’s one of my all-time favorites. He’s still a huge part of AEW. One of the greatest things we’ve accomplished is bringing Sting out of retirement. He is still wrestling to this day. He is undefeated in AEW, in fact, and on the greatest run of his career, right now, here in AEW,”
Photo Credit: AEW H/T Fightful