NOAH put together a massive card for the “N-1 VICTORY 2023” Final with 11 matches. Some of the key takeaways of the show included when El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. & Lance Anoa’i defeated Adam Brooks & Stallion Rogers in a solid match but, it was what happened afterwards which was the main point. AAA Star Psycho Clown appeared in a NOAH ring and had an epic rivalry with El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. father (Dr. Wagner Jr.) confronted the GHC National Champion before attacking him and declaring himself as the next challenger.
The night also saw STINGER’s Chris Ridgeway & Daga retained the GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship on their first defence (V1) against challengers Atsushi Kotoge & Hi69 when Daga pinned Hirooki (13:59) with the Diablo Wings following a Thrust Kick by Ridgeway. Following the match, the duo of Alpha Wolf & Dragon Bane came out to issue the next challenge for the junior tag belts on September 24 in Nagoya.
When I said the show was stacked I was not joking as on the night, Josh Barnett defeated Masakatsu Funaki via TKO (10:21) following a Northern Light Bomb, in a GHC Martial Arts Rules match. The two MMA legends put on a more realistic MMA style wrestling match, similar style to what some western fans have seen at Josh Barnett “Blood Sport” shows.
Next, we saw Kaito Kiyomiya and New Japan ‘young lion’ Ryohei Oiwa defeat the reunited NJPW WORLD TV Champion Zack Sabre Jr. & Yoshinari Ogawa. Ogawa was pinned by Kiyomiya (24:56) via Modified Shining Wizard. To note, young lion Ryohei Oiwa did come out with new ring gear, suggesting even more that this seems to be his start to his young lion excursion.
The Main event saw the Grand Final of Pro Wrestling NOAH “N-1 VICTORY 2023” Tournament when Go Shizoaki faced off against Kenoh. It was an epic encounter, as it usually is with these two competitors. In the end, it was Go Shiozaki who ended up with the win via Emerald Flowsion and pinned him with a Moonsault Press (32:48) for the victory and to be crowned “N-1 VICTORY 2023” Winner. Then, GHC Heavyweight Champion Jake Lee appeared in the ring to congratulate Shiozaki on winning the tournament and accept his right to challenge for the GHC Title next, on September 24th in Nagoya.
“N-1 VICTORY 2023” Final – September 3 Full Results:
- 2023 N-1 Victory Tournament Final: Go Shiozaki defeated Kenoh
- Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa defeated Zack Sabre Jr. & Yoshinari Ogawa
- GHC Martial Arts Rules: Josh Barnett defeated Masakatsu Funaki
- Naomichi Marufuji, Takashi Sugiura & Masa Kitamiya defeated Yoshiki Inamura, Yuka Yoshioka & Yuma Anzai
- GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships: Chris Ridgeway & Daga (c) defeated Atsushi Kotoge & HIROKI
- Anthony Greene, Jack Morris & Jake Lee (Good Looking Guys) defeated Saxon Huxley, Hideki Suzuki & Timothy Thatcher
- Four-Way Survival Match: Dragon Bane defeated Ninja Mack and Alejandro and Alpha Wolf
- Seiki Yoshioka, Shuji Kondo & Manabu Soya defeated Hajime Ohara, Junta Miyawaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima
- El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. & Lance Anoa’i defeated Adam Brooks & Stallion Rogers
- Yuu, Hibiscus Mii & Hiroyo Matsumoto defeated Miyuki Takase, Maya Yukihi & Sumire Natsu
- HAYATA & Eita vs. YO-HEY & Tadasuke (Good Looking Guys) — Time Limit Draw
Author: Rohit Singh Karir