WWE has taken action against trading card company Panini, alleging a breach of their agreement.
Panini had been WWE’s exclusive partner for trading cards and collectible stickers since 2021. However, according to sports business reporter Darren Rovell, WWE terminated this partnership two weeks ago, citing a breach of contract. At the time of termination, there were reportedly more than two years remaining on the multi-year agreement.
- WWE Announce Multiple Appearances For Roman Reigns On Smackdown
- Viewership For AEW Dynamite 11/29
- Recently Released WWE Stars Announced For Major Independent Show
- Randy Orton Officially Announced For December 1st Smackdown
- BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin Dream Match Being Discussed Within WWE
The specific reasons behind WWE’s decision to sever ties with Panini remain undisclosed at this point. As of the latest update, Panini continues to sell WWE products.
Last year, WWE announced a significant partnership with Fanatics, encompassing e-commerce, licensed merchandise, trading cards, and NFTs, along with a revamp of WWEShop.com. As part of this collaboration, it was revealed that once the existing agreement with Panini concluded, Fanatics would assume the rights to WWE trading cards. Now, it appears that Fanatics will assume these rights immediately following WWE’s termination of the agreement with Panini.